Careers / Creative
The role of a front-end developer is to create immersive digital experiences while working with digital designers, writers and project managers - from concepting to deployment. Fresh thinking, a passion for new technologies and an appreciation for design are a must in order to provide creative solutions for our clients and their audiences.
- Translating wireframes and designs into working prototypes and digital experiences
- Testing and debugging across multiple platforms and devices
- Working across teams to enhance and expand ideas and concepts
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and effectively communicate progress
- Demonstrated experience with building custom responsive solutions (not just Bootstrap etc)
- A healthy respect for progressive enhancement
- Experience with a front-end build system (we use Gulp and SASS)
- Experience with Git
- Working knowledge of SVG
- Experience building custom responsive HTML email
- Comfortable with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Customizing Google Maps
- Comfortable working in Terminal
- Familiarity with OSX local development environments
- Familiarity with Homebrew
- Experience working with PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Third party API integration
- A minimum of 5 years of open-source web development experience
- Agency experience a plus
Please include links to examples of your existing work and / or Github etc.
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Wray Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Wray Ward to sponsor individuals for work visas.
At Wray Ward, we firmly believe that internal and client relationships are a key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture and mission. Key Agency attitudes are:
We, not me
We check our egos at the door. As a result, we thrive in a positive, collaborative atmosphere that welcomes diverse professionals and invites everyone to contribute their best.
Ask “what if?”
Always going beyond what is and considering what could be, we create unexpected possibilities that differentiate our brands and accelerate their success.
Creativity demands that we hold nothing back. So we mutually support each other in speaking up, taking risks and courageously contributing audacious, unedited, unconventional ideas.
Everything we do is about results. We not only achieve our clients’ goals, but continually exceed their expectations. Every person here shares individual responsibility for their own, our agency’s and our clients’ success.
Day in and day out, we will passionately create the most innovative, engaging and effective work in the home category – we will live it, we will breathe it, and we will own it.