Careers / Creative
A Digital Designer is expected to create great interaction design systems and engaging digital products and brand experiences that achieve clients’ goals. Working with other disciplines on a daily basis, from copywriting to analytics to client engagement, Digital Designers maintain high standards for design concepts and detailed executions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to, and support the overall direction and vision of projects making positive contributions in a tightly knit, multidisciplinary team environment
- Create detailed wireframes, site maps, content outlines and user research documents to inform and justify design decisions
- Develop smart and strategic creative concepts and visual designs for a wide range of interactive projects, ranging from large, responsive e-commerce sites to digital advertising initiatives
- Articulate ideas and communicate proactively with the Digital Creative Director to determine visual design, messaging strategy, and conceptual direction
- Work closely with copywriters to develop initial concepts and optimize messaging
- Work closely with producers and developers to ensure design follows best practices, and is executable from a development and budgetary standpoint
- Proactively work with account leads to become knowledgeable about brand, client expectations, and project goal
- Ensure work always meets timing, budget, and exceeds quality expectations
- Stay current on digital design trends, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Produce all necessary design elements, assets, templates, graphics, etc… based on established design direction, systems & style guide
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Coach and inspire junior team members, and provide design feedback on current projects
- Communicate in a clear, coherent and professional manner
- Listen well and solve problems to achieve the most effective outcome for the client, team and agency
- Develop strong relationships across the agency, specifically with Creative Team, Account Leads, Project Managers, and Public Relations/Content Marketing
- Be a champion for agency process and best practices for digital design
- Promote digital design capabilities both internally and externally
- At least 3+ years of digital design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong conceptual thinker – both visual and interactive
- Strong understanding of user experience design, information architecture and usability principles
- Expert understanding of graphic design principles (typography, color, layout, etc)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and capabilities of browsers and design constraints on the Web
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design
- Solid understanding of grids and grid theory
- Excellent visual design skills
- Excellent communication skill
- Ability to interpret both research and results to optimize digital creative
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for creating groundbreaking work
- A positive attitude and willingness to improve your craft
- Ability to multi-task, lead design on multiple projects at one time, and meet tight deadlines
- Relentless spirit and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. This is not a 9-5 job, and we take great pride in our work.
- Experience with motion design, or front-end development is a plus
At Wray Ward, we firmly believe that internal and client relationships are a key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture and mission. Key Agency attitudes are:
We, not me
We check our egos at the door. As a result, we thrive in a positive, collaborative atmosphere that welcomes diverse professionals and invites everyone to contribute their best.
Ask “what if?”
Always going beyond what is and considering what could be, we create unexpected possibilities that differentiate our brands and accelerate their success.
Creativity demands that we hold nothing back. So we mutually support each other in speaking up, taking risks and courageously contributing audacious, unedited, unconventional ideas.
Everything we do is about results. We not only achieve our clients’ goals, but continually exceed their expectations. Every person here shares individual responsibility for their own, our agency’s and our clients’ success.
Day in and day out, we will passionately create the most innovative, engaging and effective work in the home category – we will live it, we will breathe it, and we will own it.