Careers / Creative
The designer is responsible for concepting, designing and design support for the Creative team, across both traditional and digital platforms. The designer will develop innovative, creative solutions and materials based on approved campaign creative direction and produce materials for creative and client presentations. Additionally, the designer will contribute creative input to other agency processes, such as Ideation sessions and Business Development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the agency’s leading expert in design and design support
- Deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Convey the role of the Creative team agencywide, building confidence in and understanding of the discipline and offering
- Be a team player, inspiring trust and teamwork among the team and throughout the agency
- Collaborate among multiple departments effectively and efficiently
- Conduct business with a conscientious, straightforward and dedicated work ethic
- Communicate in a clear, coherent and professional manner
- Listen well and solve problems to achieve the most effective outcome for the client, team and agency
- Conduct clear and candid communication with team members
- Demonstrate a passion for always doing the best work
- Develop strong relationships across the agency
- Represent the team and Wray Ward in a positive manner in all endeavors
- Respect all equally — internally and externally
- Passionately uphold the agency brand, culture and values
- BFA in visual/graphic design or formal design training
- 3–5 years of design experience in an agency or creative environment
- Experience developing successful concepts and implementing them through design solutions, many of which have been adopted by clients
- Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment
- Passion for making it easier for people to understand complex ideas
- Expertise in the tools required to do your work and the drive to maintain that expertise
- Proficiency with industry-standard applications, i.e., Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat, Microsoft
- Strong portfolio of proven, innovative, solid work
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Wray Ward to sponsor individuals for work visas.
At Wray Ward, we firmly believe that internal and client relationships are a key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture and mission. Key Agency attitudes are:
We, not me
We check our egos at the door. As a result, we thrive in a positive, collaborative atmosphere that welcomes diverse professionals and invites everyone to contribute their best.
Ask “what if?”
Always going beyond what is and considering what could be, we create unexpected possibilities that differentiate our brands and accelerate their success.
Creativity demands that we hold nothing back. So we mutually support each other in speaking up, taking risks and courageously contributing audacious, unedited, unconventional ideas.
Everything we do is about results. We not only achieve our clients’ goals, but continually exceed their expectations. Every person here shares individual responsibility for their own, our agency’s and our clients’ success.
Day in and day out, we will passionately create the most innovative, engaging and effective work in the home category – we will live it, we will breathe it, and we will own it.
Wray Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.